Due to the breadth of real estate and business experience of the firm’s attorneys, Newman & Simpson, LLP has the expertise to assist clients in assessing risk, maximizing opportunities, and avoiding unnecessary pitfalls when purchasing, selling, financing, and leasing real property. Firm attorneys regularly represent property owners and lenders in New Jersey and New York, and in other states, coordinating when necessary with attorneys in those jurisdictions.
Newman & Simpson, LLP provides a full range of services in connection with every variety of real estate transaction, from the straightforward residential purchase to the complex multi-property, multi-state, and tax driven transaction. Our work includes purchases, sales, financing, and leasing of office, industrial, multi-family, shopping centers, mixed-use, and other commercial properties, and unimproved land. Our clients include local, regional, and national property owners, lending institutions, private lenders, tenants, and developers. The firm also has experience preparing and filing offering plans and governmental applications related to condominium projects, and works with condominium and homeowner associations regarding governance of their communities.
Newman & Simpson, LLP not only handles transactional matters, it assists clients in addressing operational and management issues involved in property ownership, and if the need arises, firm attorneys have significant experience litigating, arbitrating and mediating real estate matters, such as tax appeals and disputes involving insurance and title issues.
- Conducting due diligence prior to real estate purchases, including lease reviews, zoning reports, and environmental condition review.
- Providing in-depth counseling for clients in connection with real estate acquisitions, dispositions (voluntary and involuntary), and financings, including environmental compliance and like-kind exchanges.
- Negotiating and preparing leases for office, retail, warehouse, mixed-use, and residential properties.
- Acting as general counsel to real estate companies assisting them with policies, planning, and day-to-day issues.
- Drafting and negotiating real estate-related documents, including easements, restrictive covenants, tenancy-in-common agreements, subordination and non-disturbance agreements, landlord waivers, management agreements, and brokerage agreements.
- Assisting private and institutional lenders in mortgage-based loan transactions from drafting of term sheet or loan commitment through closing, including drafting complex financing documents.
- Preparing public offering statements for registration of condominiums with the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs.
- Litigating cases involving real estate issues such as breach of a contract of sale, violation of an easement or restrictive covenant, slander of title, and commercial and residential tenancy matters.
- Represented developer of shopping center with financing and preparation of retail, service, and restaurant leases with national and regional chain tenants.
- Represented client refinancing six multifamily properties closing simultaneously in a short timeframe.
- Represented home health aide companies leasing satellite locations for office and training facilities.
- Negotiated and prepared lease with regional supermarket chain.
- Represented real estate operator in liquidating commercial condominium portfolio.
- Represented property owner with purchase of numerous warehouse, residential, and office properties with existing environmental issues to develop an industrial park.
- Represented condominium developer with construction, financing and sale of residential condominiums, including registration of public offering plan with the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs.
- Represented seller of commercial property in negotiation of sale of property in joint venture with adjoining property owner.
- Represented several national restaurant brand operators in lease negotiations, sublease transactions, and related matters.
- Closed CMBS loan on behalf of owner of regional shopping center, and prepared all required documents for defeasance of CMBS loan.
- Contingencies in Residential Closings
- Controlling the Cost of Legal Services
- Diligence Pays Off
- Disposing of Tenant’s Property
- Don’t Sell It – Exchange It
- Due Diligence in Purchasing Commercial Real Estate
- How to Preserve a Judgment Lien
- LLC – SI
- Negotiating Commercial Loan Commitments on Behalf of Borrowers
- Priority of Mortgage Modifications
- Real Property Tax Appeals
- Real Property Transfer to Children
- Rent Receivers
- Residential Closings
- Residential Contracts of Sale
- Should We Refinance?
- What Happens When Neither Party Flinches at Closing?
- What is a Cooperative?